Christian Chambers Mortuary Science Scholarship for Students of Mortuary Science
The Christian Chambers Mortuary Science Scholarship, established in 2013 by The Outlook Group, honors one of the finest directors in funeral service. Christian Chambers has served his chosen profession with distinction for over 21 years. This scholarship program for deserving mortuary science students has been established in his honor.
A scholarship of $2,000 will be awarded annually for the next 20 years to selected students in a mortuary science program accredited by the American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE). Scholarships are not renewable and an individual may only receive this award once. Awards are sent directly to the recipient’s school at the beginning of the fall term.
Who is Eligible
Any individual who is enrolled or has successfully applied for enrollment in a mortuary science program at an ABFSE accredited school. Students must be enrolled in the spring semester to apply and enrolled in the fall semester to receive their award.
- The applicant must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Scholarships are not awarded for part-time study.
- Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, religious beliefs, age, sex, national origin or disability.
Applying for the Scholarship
To be considered for this scholarship you must submit the following three parts of the complete application package.
1. APPLICATION. Complete and submit a 2013 Scholarship Application form.
2. ENROLLMENT VERIFICATION AND TRANSCRIPTS. Submit an official statement from the ABFSE approved school verifying your full-time enrollment and dates of enrollment. Include your school transcripts, bearing the school seal or Registrar’s signature. Faxes or email statements are not acceptable.
3. ESSAY. Submit an original 500-1000 word essay on the following:
- Why you have chosen Funeral Service and how you intend to make a difference with the families you will serve.
- Essay must be double spaced and typed; no more than 1000 words. Please sign and date your essay.
4. Application Packages, including all of the above requirements, must be submitted by mail and postmarked no later than September 15, 2013 to:
The Outlook Group, Inc.
Christian Chambers Mortuary Science Scholarship
ATTN: Temeika Love
121 East Second Street
Franklin, OH 45005
Christian Chambers Mortuary Science Scholarship Guidelines
- This scholarship is for mortuary science study only.
- The Outlook Group reserves the right to eliminate from consideration unsigned or incomplete applications without further notice to the applicant.
- The Outlook Group will not review incomplete applications for this scholarship.
- The Outlook Group will only confirm receipt of completed applications.
- Send only the required materials. DO NOT SEND any recommendation letters, slides, portfolios, disks, etc.
- A scholarship will be awarded only after the applicant has been admitted to an ABFSE approved school.
- Awards are paid directly to the school for the fall semester; under no circumstances will The Outlook Group make a payment directly to the student.
- The scholarship may be used for tuition and fees, books and supplies.
- If a student terminates his or her enrollment in the school for any reason, the undisturbed balance of the scholarship must be returned to The Outlook Group only, may not be transferred to another school, and may not be paid to the student personally.
- Serious protracted illness or injury that would delay participation in the program may be considered reason for holding an award in reserve. Time limits and other restrictions are to be set by The Outlook Group Scholarship Committee. Other leaves of absence will be considered individually.
- A student may not receive more than one Christian Chambers Mortuary Science Scholarship.
- Scholarships are not renewable.
- In all correspondence related to the scholarship, The Outlook Group must have full name and social security number of the student.
- The Outlook Group has no loan programs, vocational grants or assistance for graduate study available.
- All scholarships are subject to available funds.
Applicants submitting the application and all necessary attachments will be notified of the decision by mail to their permanent address in October, 2013. The award will be sent directly to the recipient’s school at the beginning of the fall term.